- Face to Face
I am a private social worker with extensive experience as a counsellor and therapist. I work with adult individuals, couples and groups towards recovery from hurt, loss or trauma, and building positive sustainable relationships. I see counselling or therapy as a positive way to address current life challenges or to work through past hurts or traumas, always with a view to a more positive and satisfying future. Therapy helps people know and understand themselves and each other better, develops emotional and relational skills, and offers opportunities for regular stress management in a highly stressful world or time. Ten years as a couple-counsellor, family mediator and training facilitator in a family counselling agency was the foundation for my lasting interest in relational issues and challenges. My clinical approach is psycho-dynamic and integrative, with an interest in the nuances and meanings underlying my clients' experiences. I have trained as a Life Coach and as an accredited Group Analyst. Therapy may be short or long-term. My Wendywood practice in Sandton, Johannesburg offers in-person as well as online "tele-health" therapy:
- Individual personal growth therapy to enhance self-awareness and more effective personal or professional relationships;
- Couple therapy to address current challenges and enhance relationships;
- Trauma- and grief counselling;
- Life-change support counselling, e.g. for divorce, relocation, retrenchment, developmental changes, health issues;
- Group Therapy: "Getting it Together" is a highly effective and affordable weekly therapy group which provides social support and regular stress management opportunities, while building social self-confidence and "EQ" skills.
Mine is a cash practice, with a BHF Practice Number to facilitate medical aid support by most SA medical aids. You are warmly invited to contact me to discuss needs and options.