Mafondo is a registered social worker with experience in:
- Individual/family counselling/therapy
- Mediation, parental planning, contact supervision
- Trauma, debriefing
- Premarital and marriage guidance
- EAP with focus on individuals and groups, using different approaches based on the nature of challenges.
- Training and facilitation in social auxiliary work, child and youth care, HIV and AIDS, having trained community workers/lay counsellors on various programmes in most parts of South Africa.
- Group work
- Growth and experiential
- Community development
- Community profiling
- Community projects
- Conducting research on social issues
She provides social work services to clients, and throughout, she maintains close working relationship with them to ensure that quality work is delivered to their satisfaction and produce desirable outcomes. She aims to constantly meet the needs of the clients and together formulate workable and sustainable solutions that will enhance their independent functioning ultimately.