- Face to Face
I am a Social Worker in Private Practice based in Overport Durban
I offer both online and In-Person therapy and consulting at my practice.
I work with children and adults towards emotional recovery, counselling, advise, therapy, personal growth, and developing personal and professional relationship building.
My special interests include:
- Building relational strength and resilience
- Personal growth & development
- Dealing with Addictions, Personal Healing and recovery
- Navigating life changes and Life Coaching/Mentoring
- Managing work/life balance
- A psychodynamic approach: an interest in underlying meanings or patterns in life challenges, with an emphasis on client strengths, options and resources, for lasting change.
- Support and Therapy Groups
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Care and Contact Services
- Investigating all types of Abuse and Gender-based Violence/Domestic Violence Assistance
- Academic Intervention
- Mental Health
- Trauma and Berievement Counselling
My practice hours are weekdays 09h00 to 17h00 and Saturday mornings. Strictly by appointment.
It is a cash practice, however I can facilitate reimbursement from most medical aids in SA.
You are warmly invited to contact me to discuss your individual needs and options.
What separates social work from other helping professions is its focus on the person-in-environment model and its emphasis on social justice. Social workers not only consider individuals’ internal struggles, as a counsellor might, they also work with people to examine their relationships, family structure, community environment, and the systems and policies that impact them in order to identify ways to help address challenges. NASW “Guide to Social Work”