- Face to Face
FORENSIC SOCIAL WORK / MEDIATION
I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work (1994) which includes psychology as a major subject and is focused on Employee Wellness Programmes, Mediation, Management and Organizational Development. I have 29 years’ experience.
I have been in Private Practice since 1997 on a part time basis, and have been in Private Practice on a full-time basis since 2014. The focus of my practice is on:
Forensic Court Reports for Child and Family Matters (Care, Contact, Parental Responsibilities & Rights, Best Interests of the Child, Child’s Voice). I am currently based in Westville, Durban but work nationally.
I also render the following services:
- Court Reports for Substance Abuse Committals
- Mediation in Family and Divorce Matters
- Parenting Plans
- Gambling Addiction Treatment
- Employee Wellness Programmes / Counselling
- HeartMath Life Coaching
- Organizational Human Factor Bench-marking
- Civil and Commercial Mediation
I have completed the following courses in addition to my Masters Degree:
- Forensic Report Writing in Family Law (2018)
- Voice of the Child Toolkit (2018)
- Adult Interviewing System (2019)
- Children’s Act & 2018 Amendments (2018)
- Family & Divorce Mediation (2012)
- Legal Course for Mental Health Practitioners (2019)
- Civil & Commercial Mediation (2012) ADR Group London
- Organizational Human Factor Bench-marking (2018) North-West University
- HeartMath Life Coaching (2017) HeartMath South Africa
My Professional work experience includes the following fields:
- Child Welfare for 10 years of which 8 was as Head of Office. I was responsible for all aspects of the management of the office, inclusive of supervising the work and reports of 6 Social Workers in terms of the Children’s Act 38 of 2005.
- SANCA (SA National Council for Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation and Prevention) for 18 months as Head of the Clinical Division.
- NICRO (National Institute for Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation of Offenders) for 3 years as Social Worker and a further 18 months as Branch Manager.